JOB TALK - INTERACTIVE WHITE BOARD SOFTWARE
FUNCTIONAL READING & MATH FOR LIFE/WORK SKILL DEVELOPMENT
Job Talk is a Computer Program that has been designed to work seamlessly with most interactive whiteboards. Job Talk provides a unique learning experience by allowing students access to a vast list of vocabulary words associated with life, business and the world of work. Job Talk takes a unique approach to helping individuals tackle the myriad of words and reading found in everyday life and work.
- Middle School and High School special education students, or students that function at low levels of reading and math.
- Adult transition age students that function at low levels of reading and math. Job Talk has an emphasis on career and transition.
- Job Talk is often used as a pre-requisite, or along-side PAES®
- For ELL “Level One Classrooms” ELL - English Language Learners working with students to whom english is a new language
Job Talk Program Features
JOB TALK DOCUMENT LIBRARY
Hands-On Teaching Components
Cash Box with Play Money
Half Gallon Bottles
Liquid Measuring Cups
Half Inch Rulers
Quarter Inch Rulers
Eighth Inch Rulers
Sixteenth Inch Rulers
Steel Tape Measures
4" Analog Wooden Clock
Word Comprehension Discovery Words
- Introduces word comprehension for basic adult life words
- Teaches students to identify key job words and phrases within written passages for understanding
- Flip Charts - Six groups of 5 flip charts to reinforce job vocabulary with extended practice using visual cues.
Word Searches and Scrambles-
- Searches and scrambles use many of the same words as the other activities to help reinforce word recognition.
- Three Levels - Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Help develop letter and word discrimination
Computer Program Component
- Pre-defined and customizable lessons
- Key vocabulary words related to the world of work & life
- Students work on words and lessons until mastered
- Group or individual work
- Teachers login and track students progress
- Reporting anytime – Great for IEP’s and
- Transition Planning
- English and Spanish audio of all words
- Can be used one on one or with small groups for teaching new words and concepts
- Flash cards come in a computerized version as well as a hands on manipulative